Video Training ? EC-Council Security5 Course -QN
EC-Council Security5 Course | 632.51 MB
Description: It is the basic information Security course for the newbies.
Basic computing skills like browsing the web and checking e-mails.
Who Should Attend:
* Office knowledge workers
* Home users
* Any non-IT person using computers in their office
Please visit EC-Council’s Accredited Training Centers to find all of our upcoming classes, dates and locations.
2 days (9:00 - 5:00)
Students will be prepared for EC-Council’s Security 5 exam 112-12 on the last day of the class.
Module 01: Foundations of Security
* Essential terminology
* Defining security
* Need for security
* Cyber crime
* Information Security statistics
* IS triangle
* Security myths
* How to harden security
Module 02: Basic Security Procedures
* Why do I need to worry about my computer’s security?
* Hardening of Operating System
* Updating the system and configuring the updates
* Disable unnecessary services
* Strong password creation
* Deployment of antivirus and firewall
* Disable guest account access
* “Make Private” folders
* Security settings in MS Office applications
Module 03: Desktop Security
* What is file sharing?
* Types of file sharing
* How to share folder?
* Configuring shared folder permissions
* Hiding files and folders
* File sharing tips
* File downloading tips
* How to backup data and restore?
* How to encrypt and decrypt files?
* How to kill suspect processes?
Module 04: Administering Windows Securely
* How to use the event viewer?
* How to enable auditing in windows?
* How to read logs on your system?
* How to close ports?
* Overview of the windows registry
* How to restore the registry?
* How to close a port?
* Common internal commands
* How to find services and ports they listen on?
Module 05: Recognizing Security Threats and attacks
* Phishing and its countermeasures
* Trojan Horse
* Social engineering
* Denial of Service
* Port Scanning
* Password cracking
* Basic security measures
Module 06: Secure Internet Access
* Basic browser security settings
* How to restrict site access
* Removing site from security zone
* Secure website detection
* Secure site and browser properties
* Tools: Internet Filtering Software
* Configuring Internet content access
* Activating Content Advisor
* How to deal with cookies
* Using P2P networks securely
* Choosing appropriate browser settings
* Wireless network security features
Module 07: Working on the Internet
* Precepts of Security
* Knowing Encryption
* Digital Certificate
* Digital Signature
* Working with e-mail (web based)
* Working with e-mail (mail client)
* Working with File Transfer- FTP
* Working with File Transfer – Web Folders
* Knowing Online Payment Systems
* Working with Credit Cards
* Working with Instant Messengers
* Working across File Sharing Networks
* Working on Dial-in Networks
* Working with Portable Devices
* Working with Wireless Devices
* Working with USB devices
* Working with Media Files
* Working with 3rd party software
Module 08: Incident Response
* What is Incident Response?
* Incidents and responses:
* Trojan attack
* Boot sector virus attack
* Corrupted registry
* Automatic running of CD-ROM (autorun.inf)
to get Premium speed